Projecta has released its new Sure Brake Trailer Breakaway Kit, which ensures safety in a towing disconnection emergency. It is a requirement in all Australian states that trailers exceeding 2000kg gross trailer mass be fitted with a breakaway system that, in the event of the trailer disconnecting while towing, will activate its electric brakes and bring safely to a stop.
The TBS700 Sure Brake accomplishes this with a durable, all-in-one case that houses its own 12V battery and charger and can be installed out of view, leaving only the plunger, lanyard and caribiner visible. The battery case can be hard wired to the tow vehicle alternator, or charged externally via its terminal posts on the front, ensuring its 12V 7A battery always has charge. A test button allows for easy checking of battery status and there is a remote monitoring output wire for those who wish to install the battery case out of reach or monitor from the tow vehicle cabin.
- Built in 12V 7Ah sealed lead acid battery
- Chargers via – house battery of trailer, alternator of tow vehicle or external battery charger
- Push to test function
- Fused battery connection
- Potted circuitry
- Over voltage, over current, short circuit and reverse polarity protection
- Pre-wired, colour coded inputs and outputs, and mounting screws supplied for ease of installation
- Warranty: One Year
- Dimensions: 185 x 170 x 50mm